When is a crown needed?
A crown or "cap" is a protective cover for a tooth that is at risk of fracturing and would be too difficult to fix with a filling or veneer. Crowns can restore the beauty and strength of natural teeth.
Common Reasons for a Dental Crown
- Tooth had root canal treatment in the past
- A very large or challenging filling
- Cosmetic concerns such as excessive wear or teeth that continually keep chipping and breaking
- Dark or discoloured teeth
- To hold a dental bridge in place
These are just a few of the reasons our Calgary dentists at Avenida Dental Centre would recommend a crown. If you are interested in discussing whether your tooth requires a crown please contact us to book an appointment!