Invisalign Clear Braces in South Calgary, AB
Sometimes patients seeking orthodontics would prefer to avoid traditional braces because of the impact that brackets and wires have on their appearance or diets. In our South Calgary dental office, we offer Invisalign invisible braces for our patients who prefer a more discreet alternative.
Benefits of Proper Teeth Alignment
Many people find straight teeth more attractive, but did you know that they also have a number of health benefits?
- Easier to clean and maintain
- Improved restorative outcomes
- Less risk for uneven wear and broken teeth
- Improved jaw function and comfort
- Reduced risk of decay due to overcrowding
While the aesthetics of the smile is often what brings patients through the door to inquire about orthodontic treatment, the health benefits are often what helps them decide to pursue a solution.
What Makes Invisalign Different?
The bracket and wires used in traditional orthodontics gradually move teeth by creating tension on the wire and may involve bands or attachments to guide movement. Small adjustments to the wire guide the teeth into alignment.
Rather than brackets and wires, Invisalign uses a series of aligner trays, each designed to move teeth closer to ideal alignment. As with traditional braces, small buttons may be attached to teeth to guide movement. These buttons, also called attachments, are tooth-coloured and will be removed at the end of treatment.
- Invisalign aligners are smooth, reducing irritation to tissue.
- You can remove Invisalign aligners to clean teeth and the trays.
- Because they are clear, Invisalign will not impact your appearance during treatment.
In some cases, traditional orthodontics may better suit a particular condition. Our dentists will discuss your expectations and provide the benefits and limitations of Invisalign in reference to your orthodontic needs.
Guidelines for Invisalign Use
Because Invisalign aligners are removable, patient compliance can vary. It is essential that you follow the directions outlined by Invisalign and your dentist for the ideal outcome and to complete treatment efficiently.
- Wear aligners for about 22 hours per day.
- Keep aligners clean with a mild cleanser and lukewarm water.
- Notify our team if you lose a set of aligners.
- Maintain regular checkup appointments.
- Remove aligners when drinking hot liquids.
- Wear each set of aligners for approximately two weeks.
- Wear retainers after you complete Invisalign.
Retainer use is an essential part of your treatment. Failure to wear a retainer can result in a condition, called orthodontic relapse, which refers to teeth drifting out of alignment.
Interested in Clear Braces in South Calgary?
Our dentists welcome you to get in touch to arrange a consultation where we will discuss your current smile and the smile you have always dreamed of. Clear braces may be an option for most adult and older teen patients who are committed to the benefits of Invisalign braces.